ONE POT PASTA
- 500gm diced beef
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed (or ground)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed (or ground)
- 1 tablespoon dried chilli
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch basil
- ½ bunch coriander
- ½ cup roasted peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 750ml Tomato Passata
- 500ml Chicken stock or water
- 500gm Spaghetti, broken into smaller pieces
- Heat the pot to a moderate to high heat. Add the oil and carefully add the beef and season. Brown off the beef and then add the coriander, cumin, dried chilli, long red chilli, smoked paprika, garlic, onion, basil and coriander.
- Stir thoroughly and ensure that the beef is nicely coated in the seasoning and spice mix.
- Now you can add the peppers, chickpeas, tomato passata and the stock (or water).
- Simmer for 5 around minutes, and then add your spaghetti that you have already broken up into small pieces.
- Cook for ten to fifteen minutes, or until the pasta is perfectly al dente. Take care not to overcook the pasta, as it will make the dish gluggy and heavy.
- Serve with crusty bread and a nice bottle of red!