JAMIE’S LAMB ROAST
- Lamb – lamb leg with the bone in is great for camp ovens. For 4 people, you’ll need about a 1.5kg leg (2kg if you like leftovers)
- Sweet potato
- Bush Yams (if you can get Ricko to dig for them)
- Peel the vegies, and put them all into a camp oven, with some water and a good splash of beer for flavour
- Place this camp oven near the fire to start warming up.
- Pre-heat your second camp oven (for the lamb) while you prep the meat
- Peel and slice the garlic into chunks
- Cut slits in the lamb leg, and stuff with garlic chunks
- Cover lamb in rice oil, and rub in
- Place lamb into your pre-heated camp oven, and add in a splash of water and a good splash of beer for flavour
- Cover both camp ovens with coals
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Clean off coals, and check cooking progress. Move some of the vegies into the oven with the lamb, and add an extra slosh of beer
- Re-cover with coals, and cook for a further 30 minutes.