BUSH COOKING – Jamie’s Simple Steak & Salad
- 4x Steaks
- 8x Sausages
- 4x Eggs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Original Seasoning
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
SALAD & DRESSING
- Get the billy on the boil, and once boiling add your eggs. Boil eggs for 7-8 minutes, remove from billy and allow to cool.
- Start prepping your salad veggies by washing them, separating the lettuce leaves, and cutting up the celery, cucumber, and tomato as desired.
- For the salad dressing, combine a few tablespoons of oil, a good splash of cider vinegar, and a couple of dashes of Original Seasoning, and combine all that with a tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- Slice your cheese, ready to add to the salad.
- Once your eggs have cooled, peel the shell, and slice them up.
- Combine all the salad veggies, eggs, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and stir it all up, just before serving.
STEAK & SAUSAGES
- Lay your steaks on a plate or cutting board and season generously with salt, and a touch of pepper.
- Whack the sausages onto a pre-heated bbq or pan on the stove, and cook until done, turning regularly.
- Put your steaks onto the grill or pan, and cook to your liking;
– 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare
– 4-5 minutes per side for medium
- Serve the steak and sausages up on a plate, and add a good heap of salad.
- Enjoy this great, simple, camp cook up!