BUSH COOKING: Jess’s Camp Oven Casserole (with an Italian twist!)
- Diced Flank Steak (from @Our Cow, of course)
- Couple of beef stock cubes
- Diced onion
- Crushed Garlic
- Liquid beef stock
- A good splash of red wine
- Some tinned tomatoes (you can use diced or crushed)
- Bacon Mince
- Couple of handfuls of cheese
- Into your camp oven, you’re going to toss the Casserole ingredients.
- Give it a good stir, pop the lid on, and place it on a bed of coals from your campfire, and add some extra coals to the lid.
- Cook it for an hour (less, if you’ve got a smaller camp oven than we do), and then it’s time for the Italian Twist!
- In a separate bowl, mix together some ravioli, bacon mince (this is from Our Cow too, and it’s amazing!), and a couple of good handfuls of cheese.
- Give your casserole another good stir, then pour your cheesy ravioli mix on top, and spread it over the casserole to form a lid.
- Sprinkle on some extra cheese and some breadcrumbs for an extra crunch.
- Place your camp oven back on the coals, and put a good load of hot coals on the lid, to melt that cheese and make the breadcrumbs nice and crispy.
- Cook that for a further 15 minutes, so the cheese melts and that ravioli cooks through nicely.
- Serve and enjoy!