BUSH COOKING: Jess’s Long Life Lasagna
- Tinned Tuna
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Mixed Herbs
- Chicken Stock (cubes)
- Dried Garlic
- Onion Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Lasagna Sheets
- Heat up your fry pan so it is nice and hot.
- Then grab your diced tomatoes and pour them into the pan.
- Add in the tuna, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 2 chicken stock cubes, 1 tablespoon mixed herbs and a few shakes each of the dried garlic and onion flakes.
Give it a stir and place on the heat to warm up a little bit.
- Cut butter into slices and melt it in a separate, small saucepan.
If you don’t have butter you can use olive oil and it tastes just as good.
- Add in some flour and milk, and stir just enough to get it all mixed together.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat onto the bottom of your camp oven.
After this lay the lasagna sheets on top of the meat.
- Repeat this process until you have used all the pasta and meat.
- Pour your white sauce over the top of the meat and pasta, top with some grated cheese then put it on the coals.
- It’s ready when the cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Enjoy!