- 2kg Pork belly
- 2 cups Tasman Rock salt
- 1 ½ Chili, thinly sliced
- 2cm knob ginger, grated
- Large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Pukara olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Step 1 Place pork belly, skin down, on a bed of rock salt and let sit for a minimum of 2 hours. For best result leave overnight.
- Step 2 Remove excess salt from pork belly and cut into bite size pieces, approximately 2cm by 2cm. Place pork in a cold wok and bring to high heat. As the pork starts to colour, approximately 5 minutes, add sugar, water, and let sit for 5-8 minutes until caramelization starts to form.
- Step 3 Add ginger, garlic, chilli, fish sauce and toss. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- To serve, plate and garnish with fresh chili.