COB LOAF DAMPER
- 500g Bacon
- 1x Onion
- 1 carton Sour Cream
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Baby Spinach
- Bunch of Chives
- Handful of Grated Cheese
- 2 Cups of self-raising flour
- Can of beer
- Pinch of salt
- Start by dicing your bacon and onion, and slicing the shallots.
- Brown the onion and fry bacon in a pan, then add shallots at the end to soften.
- Once the bacon, onion, and shallots are ready, add the sour cream, cream cheese, and a handful of grated cheese to the pan and stir through to melt.
- Add in the handful of chopped baby spinach and some extra chives, and stir through creamy cheese filling
- Pour SR flour into bowl
- Add a splash of beer, pinch of salt, and start mixing into dough.
- Keep adding beer, bit by bit, until you get a nice doughy consistency.
- Form dough into ball, and cook in camp oven until outside is golden brown.
- When damper is ready, cut the top off, scoop out the insides, and fill with the cheesy bacon filling.