- 1 L vegetable oil, for frying
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 40 g milk powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50 g butter, melted
- 130ml milk, at room temperature
- Golden syrup or honey to serve
- Heat the oil in the Oz Pig Wok.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients. Gently fold together until a soft sticky dough has formed.
- Fry tablespoon sized chunks of dough in the hot oil. Flip the puftaloons to ensure even cooking.
Lift out with a slotted spoon once golden brown and drain on paper.
- To serve, drizzle with honey or golden syrup