MAC AND CHEESE
- 240g Barilla penne rigate
- 1 tbsp Pukara olive oil
- 100g speck, roughly diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 100mls Idiom Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- 10-15 thyme sprigs, finely chopped
- 150ml Ashgrove cream
- 150g Meander Valley creme fraiche
- 100g Parmesan cheese, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 100g Ashgrove jalapeno Havarti, roughly chopped
- 100g Gruyere, finely diced
- Step 1 Add pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water, cook for approximately 5 or 6 minutes. Drain, reserving a few tbsp of pasta water.
- Step 2 Place a wok over the flame of the OzPig and add diced speck. Fry until crisp and fat has renders, approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with wine and simmer until it has reduced by a third before adding mustard, thyme, cream, creme fraiche and cheeses. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3 Stir pasta and pasta water through the cheese sauce, simmer for another 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and thyme sprigs.