RICK’S SWEET CONES
- Waffle cones
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Crushed nuts
- Get your campfire going nice and early to create a good bed of coals for you to use to cook your sweet treats on once the assembly process is done.
- Once the fire is cranking, get your fruit chopped up and soak it for a good couple of hours (overnight is even better) in a zippy bag with a splash of Contreau. You can substitute the alcohol for lemonade if you’re making this for the kids.
- Start by lining the inside of your waffle cones with a light coating of chocolate sauce.
- Next up, it’s time to load up your cone. Begin with some chopped up marshmallow, this will create a plug in the bottom of the cone so nothing leaks out.
- Now, alternate between choc chips, fruit and marshmallow till your cone is almost full. I like to finish the top off with more marshmallow to lock everything in once it melts.
- Now it’s time to carefully wrap your cones in aluminium foil, and place them onto a bed of hot coals, away from the main heat of the fire.
- Turn them every minute or so, to be sure that the ingredients have melted together all the way through.
- Take your cones out, carefully unwrap them and top it off with some whipped cream and crushed nuts for a decadent, sweet treat to top off a great night around the campfire.