BUSH COOKING: Surf ‘n’ Turf
- Steaks (we’re using Rib Fillet from @Our Cow)
- Small onion
- Thickened cream
- Beef stock cubes
- Sides of your choice
- Dice half a small onion, and get yourself 2 cloves of garlic (crushed).
- Brown that in a saucepan with a little bit of butter.
- Once the onion is browned, slowly (very slowly) pour in around 300ml of thickened cream, stirring as you go.
- Add in 2 beef stock cubes – Keep stirring the cream over a low heat, until it starts to reduce down and really thicken up into a sauce.
- Heat up your BBQ, and season your meat with some oil, salt, and a pinch of pepper. We’re using some delicious Rib Fillet from @Our Cow – thanks Dave and Bianca!
- Cook your steaks how you like (but medium rare is the way to go), and rest them on a plate (covered) for a couple of minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, quickly fry up your prawns, being careful not to overcook them.
- Place your prawns on your steak, then pour on some of that delicious cream sauce, and serve with a side salad or some chips!