PORK AND PINEAPPLE SKEWERS
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cm knob ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 800g pork shoulder, cut into cubes
- 1 shallot, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 pineapple, trimmed and diced
- ¼ bunch coriander
- Step 1 In a medium bowl, combine pineapple juice, tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, malt vinegar, garlic, ginger and spices in a bowl.
- Step 2 Thread pork, shallot sliced and pineapple pieces one after another onto a skewer. Use a basting brush to coat each skewer in the marinade.
- Step 3 Place skewers on the grill plate of the OzPig, cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
Serve with a garnish of coriander.